Upcoming workshop on recent changes to DC’s TOPA law
Did you know TOPA was amended as of July 3?
The DC Department of Housing and Community Development will hold a workshop in a couple weeks to provide an overview of the newly enacted Single-Family Home Exemption Amendment Act of 2018 (Bill 22-0315, Act 22-339).
The workshop will take place Wednesday, July 25 from 1 to 3 p.m. at One Judiciary Square, located at 441 4th Street NW, Old Council Chamber Room, Washington, DC 20002. The workshop is free but you must register to attend.
For those who cannot attend in person, the DHCD Facebook page will also broadcast the workshop live.
The workshop will cover a variety of topics including:
- Types of single family properties that are exempt
- Criteria that an elderly or disabled tenant must meet to still have a limited opportunity to purchase
- Notice and documentation requirements
- Assignment of TOPA rights (Tenant's Opportunity to Purchase Act): Q&A
- Assignment OF TOPA Rights vs. TOPA Affidavit
- What the TOPA? 3 Options DC Home Owners Should Know
- Did you know? Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act in Takoma Park, Maryland
- DC - Tenant’s Opportunity to Purchase Act a.k.a. TOPA
- TOPA requirements for closing